Thank you for your interest in joining the LH Worship Team! We are looking for skilled musicians who are dedicated and passionate about worship. If this is something you are interested in, please read the following information about the audition process.
- Must have been a member of the church for at least three months.
- Must have gone through or be willing to go through Growth Track prior to serving.
- Must be an experienced, skilled musician willing and able to operate in a team environment (worship team/band experience a plus).
The first step to the audition process is submitting a video of you playing one of the following songs with the instrument you are trying out. The idea is to play these songs just like what you hear. Please try to mimic the track to the best of your ability with little to no embellishment.
We are not necessarily looking for a high-quality, professional video. It can be as simple as you in front of a phone. This is just to help us understand your abilities prior to the Tryout. Feel free to submit additional videos as well of other songs you have performed. The best way to submit videos are through YouTube or Vimeo. Sharing through Google Drive or Dropbox is also acceptable.
After submitting your video, we will respond to you within two weeks to let you know whether or not we would like to meet up for a live audition.
If you are asked to come to an in-person audition, we will provide specific songs for you to play either with a track or with a band. We will then give feedback within 7 days following the Tryout on what the next steps are.
- Please be fully prepared for your audition, knowing your parts on all required songs. Tutorials can often be found on YouTube.
- Practice with a metronome. You will be playing with a click track.
- Vocalists, we are looking for your ability to lead a song, but, primarily, we’re looking for your ability to harmonize. Please demonstrate your ability to do both.
- We are looking to know that you can learn your part from listening to a recording.
- Don’t overplay – we don’t need you to shred, drum solo, or slap bass.
- Be able to receive direction/criticism, even if you don’t agree with the suggestion.
Thank you again for your interest! If you have any questions about the Worship Tryout process or are interested in joining the worship team, please email the Worship Director, Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org.